I’ve had a camera in hand since I can remember…
I don’t recall who gave me my first camera, or if it was a birthday or Christmas gift. But what I do know is that it felt like absolute magic and I’ve been captivated ever since.
Photographs have always been my most treasured possessions. Now, sifting through boxes and boxes of old polaroids and snapshots, I see how important my work is. I not only get to play a part in helping people preserve those fleeting moments, but I get to give people the gift of being in the frame. I think everyone should feel worthy of being photographed because everyone deserves to be remembered just as they are right now. You don’t need a special occasion.
The best part of doing what I do is that I get to empower people. If I had a dollar for every time someone warned me about how awkward they are in front of the camera I would be a very rich human!
News flash: Everyone… (unless you are a complete narcissist, or you’re a seasoned supermodel used to having a camera in your face 24/7) feels at least some awkwardness at first. Including me (Hi!) your photographer! Trust me, you’re in good company.
All this to say, I’ve got you covered. I will help you feel and look your best. I don’t expect my clients to come to me with even an ounce of modeling experience. You 100% don’t need it!
All I ask is that you trust me and that you show up to your shoot ready to make some magic!
SOME THINGS ABOUT ME:
- I’ve spent most of my life living in Southern California but was lucky enough to spend 4 wonderful years living in Oregon (PDX and Bend). My roots are in CA but my heart is in the PNW with all the trees and rivers. P.S. I’m still shooting with clients in Portland! If you are around that area and want to shoot, hit me up and we’ll make it happen!
- Music is my happy place and my medicine. I love to play it, listen to it, and would eat it if I could. Some favorites: The Beatles, Cat Power, Damien Jurado, Jeff Buckley, M.Ward, and Billie Holiday.
- My idea of a perfect day is spending hours and hours exploring the outdoors with a backpack full of dark chocolate, red wine, and some fancy cheeses.
- When I was a kid I wanted to grow up to be a movie director and now I’m kind of living that dream through my clients and photography. A get a lot of inspiration for my work from my favorite films.
- I love a good road trip.
- I’m an extroverted introvert in most situations. I love talking to people but definitely process things internally. During shoots, if I go quiet for a bit don’t fret! It’s a good thing! It means I’m in my zone.
- I’m married to my best friend and we have two beautiful/crazy boys that make me both happy and insane all at once.
WHAT’S IN MY BAG:
Sigma Art 35mm 1.4
Sigma Art 50mm 1.4